SECURITY AND PRIVACY
We guarantee that every transaction with AllenEdmonds.com or Shoebank.com will be 100% safe. This means you pay nothing if any unauthorized charges are applied to your credit card as a result of shopping with us.
Our secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and one of the best ways to secure commerce transactions. SSL encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the internet. Independent third parties scan AllenEdmonds.com or Shoebank.com daily to ensure security and certify our website is PCI compliant.
Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 of fraudulent charges. If your bank does hold you liable for any of this amount, AllenEdmonds.com or Shoebank.com will cover the entire liability for you up to the full $50.00.
We will cover this liability only if the unauthorized use of your credit card happened through no fault of your own from purchases made at AllenEdmonds.com or Shoebank.com while using the secure server. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with that company’s reporting rules and procedures.
This policy describes how AllenEdmonds.com or Shoebank.com collects, uses, and shares personal information. AllenEdmonds.com or Shoebank.com is a wholly owned division of Caleres, Inc. You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:Types Of Information We Collect
Use And Processing Of Information
Sharing Of Information
How We Protect Personal Information
- Account Registration: We collect your name and contact information when you create an account. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.
- Demographic Information: We may collect demographic information from you such as your age or location.
- Email Interconnectivity: If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
- Employment: If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.
- Feedback/Support: If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
- Mailing List: When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.
- Mobile Devices: We may collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our stores.
- Order Placement: We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number when you place an order for fulfillment and troubleshooting.
- Partner Promotion: We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.
- Third Party Tracking: We participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our websites, or on other websites. You can opt-out of receiving advertising based upon your browsing behavior from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites, although to completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behavior you should also disable the cookies on your browser.
- Web logs: We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or our stores.
- To provide products and services or to process returns.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To streamline the checkout process.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
Use and Processing of Information As discussed in the sections above, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent: We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent: We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public: You may have the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publically available.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive or by clicking here. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive promotional mailings from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us at (Allen Edmonds Customer Service) with "NO SNAIL MAIL" in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Our website allows you to modify or delete your account profile. You can make changes to other information by contacting us at the information below or by clicking here. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information contact us at the address described below.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the contact information below or by clicking here. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
- Revocation of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the contact information below.
- Access To Your Personal Information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you with reasonable access to the personal information that have about you. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the contact information below.
Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
- California Residents. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
- Nevada Residents. Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt-out of the sale of certain types of personal information. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt-out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. Opt-out requests may be sent via email or write to us at the address provided below in Contact Information.
Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. Your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
Children. AllenEdmonds.com/Shoebank.com is not targeted to children. We will never knowingly request information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Allen Edmonds Customer Service
8300 Maryland Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63105
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you may have a right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
At time of purchase, you will receive emails regarding that purchase.